Here is a running list of lessons learned or things observed as an naive Indiana girl in the big city.
1. City kids climb scaffolding not trees.
2. Puppy love tweens share ear buds on the subway and stare blankly ahead.
3. NYC is not as big as you may think. I have been begged by the same homeless guy twice.
4. The flower shops on the street are great. I bought some new plants today at Broadway Farms and asked if I could have a gardenia bloom to take with me. The worker got his clippers and clipped off a whole stem with two gardenias. Yay! It is the best scent on earth. I am now trying to root the bloom to grown my own plant.
5. I need to invest in a good umbrella and a classic trench coat. I keep learning this lesson the hard way. I just walked 10 blocks in pouring rain and was the only one ill prepared.